Safety can never be stressed too much, and with the ACTA a firearm is always treated as loaded unless seen to be different. You, the individual, become the safety catch of all firearms and everything else on the firearm becomes a mechanical device. It is therefore essential that safe firearm handling becomes the first rule for all participants.
- Treat any firearm with the respect due to a loaded gun.
- Never point a firearm in fun or jest.
- Carry the firearm so that you can control the barrel even if you stumble.
- Become the safety catch of the firearm.
- Load the firearm only when it is your turn to shoot.
- Always unload when the red flag is shown or at the referee’s command.
- Ensure you have the correct calibre cartridge for the gun in use.
- Do not play with or modify firearm mechanisms.
- If a firearm misfires keep the barrels to the front and wait for the referee.
- Firearms and alcohol do not, and never will, mix.
Safety is your responsibility, not someone else’s